Sunday, March 27, 2011

From the mouth of Jos

Here are a few Josie quotes from this weekend:

Josie was singing a song in the back of the car on the way home from Red Rossa Friday night. She ended her first song with "Oh Damn!" We thought we must have heard her wrong, but she sings it again and says "Oh Damn!" So I asked her if maybe she said "Oh Dan?" hoping we heard her wrong. She then said, no mom. I said "OHHHH DAMMMMN" She really emphasized it this time to make sure we heard her clearly. That's when we broke it her that it wasn't a good word to use and added it to the naughty word list. She said sorry, then said Damn again to tell us when she says Damn we need to remind her not to say it. "OK Dad? Don't forget, the next time I say Damn, you need to tell me not to say it. Because I might forget and say Damn on accident". She said it about 4 times reminding us that she can't say it till we put the kibosh on that!

Last night before bed, Billy showed Josie a star so she could make a wish. Her wish went like this: "I wish I could eat a lot of candy, every every day!" She had the biggest smirk on her face and twinkle in her eye as she said this.

This morning after eating breakfast I asked Josie to wash her hands to which she said, "I'll wash my hands IF you tell me WHY brother has to toot so loud!"

I'm a huge fan of Hy-Vee. I prefer it over Dahl's. Josie likes Dahl's because they have green carts (to each their own). So last time we went grocery shopping I said we could go to Dahl's, but I'm not a fan because the produce isn't as good (my exact words to her). As we drove by Dahl's this morning on the way to church Josie yells to Billy, "Daddy! That's the grocery store that mom DOES NOT like. She thinks they have BAD bananas".

At the end of mass, I asked Josie if she wanted to tell Father Vince have a nice day. She walked right up to him and said, "Have a great day! Ummm... Hey God?" To which I reminded her, he is not in fact God, just his helper named Father Vince. Then she said, "I always forget that mom".



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start my day, reading about Miss Josie Marie! Definitely put a smile on my face. I just love that girl! (I told Jay the other night I couldn't wait til Quinn was Josie's age.) :)
nik