Sunday, January 30, 2011

A tie dream come true

Josie has been wanting a neck tie for a few months now. Every time Dad dresses up for work or a holiday she says in the sweetest voice, "I just really wish I had a tie". So yesterday we all ventured out to the mall to get Billy some clothes. Josie found all the men's ties and said, "maybe today I'll get my tie!" That's when I figured what the heck, we've got nothing else to do. So while Billy tried on clothes the kids and I went on a quest to find the perfect tie. Just when we were giving up hope, I saw them. They had quite the selection too. Dinosaur ties, red power ties, holiday ties, but when Josie laid her eyes on this blue striped tie it was love at first sight.

Josie walked down to the men's section, with the tie on. She greeted everyone that came within 10 feet of us. "Aloha! Excuse me! Have a great day!" She spoke loud and clear so they all could see the shiny new tie around her neck. As we walked thru the department store and around the mall, I beamed. I was beaming to the point of watery eyes. Josie was so proud of her new tie she wanted to burst. Seeing that on your kid's face is priceless.



Josie at Dillards... TA-DAH! I've got a tie!

This calls for a tie celebration dance.

1 comment:

Craig and Julie said...

She brought a smile to our face and cracked us up. Thanks for making our day Josie. May you always be that happy!