Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kid Convos

I love carpooling to preschool. I like starting conversations with Lane and Josie or listening to the two of them hold a conversation without be contributing at all.

On Monday these are the conversations I heard between Josie and Lane while waiting in the drop off line:
J: I've decided I really want to marry Lucy.
L: She's mean to me, she might be mean to you.
J: No not your sister Lucy, I want to marry Lucy in our class. I think she'll make a good wife.
L: Hey I thought you wanted to marry me?! (this is a known fact. Josie will often tell Lane she is going to marry him)
J: Do you want me to marry you? (she was looking him square in the eyes. Typical girl trying to get the boy to open up)
L: Well I thought you were going to marry me. (typical boy, not willing to admit his feelings)
J: Well I changed my mind. (I could see her just saying, fine if you won't fess up that you like me, I'm moving on. oh the preschool drama).

Convo two: (two seconds later)
J: I'm smarter than the world! (I need to work on her self-esteem)
L: No, my dad is super smart.
J: Let's compromise. I'm smarter than the world...but your dad is smarter than me.

Convo three: (really it's a statement)
J: I can't wait to grow up! When I grow up, I'm gonna be famous! (again, self esteem issue)


Josie on her scooter from Santa...yes this January has been that warm (until tonight).


After her last Basketball game, so proud of that ribbon! She slept with it under her pillow for awhile.



1 comment:

Craig and Julie said...

Carpooling, through the ages, has always been such a fun way to find out what is going on with your kiddos! Wait until middle school carpooling. I found out a lot those years! How lucky Josie and her brothers are to have you and Billy as their parents.